Executive Assistant – Ottawa
CWY is a world leader in developing international educational programs for young people aged 15 to 35. Founded in 1971 as a non-profit organization, CWY has implemented youth-focused programs in partnership with community and institutional partners in more than sixty countries across Africa, the Americas, the Caribbean and Central and Eastern Europe. Over our 44 year history, more than 38,000 youth from Canada and across the globe have participated in CWY programs aimed at supporting the vital role that they have to play in creating positive change in communities, and in building more just and sustainable communities. For more information on Canada World Youth, please visit our website at canadaworldyouth.org
Thereby, CWY wants to fill the position of Executive Assistant.
Working to the President and CEO’s supervision, the Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support and a range of administrative services performing research, coordination and logistics, including: management of the agenda, organization of various meetings including those with the Board, filing, monitoring of project schedules, and more.
||President and CEO
||Starting date of employment
|May 24 to June 12, 2016
||July 18, 2016
- Coordinate complex administrative support services as well as clerical functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, planning, preparing documents for meetings and detailed project plans.
- Review and analyze correspondence and documents received and, when required, synthesize the required documents and propose actions.
- Prepare letters, reports, or other documents for Elected Officials, High-Level Bureaucrats, Diplomatic Representatives, and Business Leaders, in both official languages.
- Manage all corporate files, including but not limited to government registrations, annual filings, Canada Revenue Agency/Revenu Québec corporate compliance, federal and provincial lobbying reports, trademarks and patents, ongoing legal proceedings, etc.
- Ensure timely and adequate follow up with employees, alumni, donors, partners, government officials, parliamentarians, etc.
- Participate in budget monitoring and analysis, manage the budget of the Office of the Presidency and of the Board of Directors, and reconcile the President & CEO’s expense reports.
- Coordinate the logistics regarding the Board of Directors and President’s Advisory Council meetings, as well as other meetings or events (Leadership Awards, strategic working days, etc.).
- Provide direct support to the Communications and Philanthropy teams on diverse requests;
- Attend Board of Directors, President’s Adisory Council, Management and Business Development Unit meetings, prepare minutes and perform necessary follow-up.
- Upon request, attend meetings to which the President & CEO is invited and ensure follow-up.
- Cooperate directly with other members of the management team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for the President & CEO.
- Coordinate travel (domestic and internatoinal) for the President & CEO and for other members of the management team.
- Set priorities and recognize emergencies to be acted on and carry out these priorities.
- Provide any other support requested by the President & CEO, and be available for special dossiers and other duties when required.
Required qualifications and experience
Particular working conditions
- A Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the position is required; Master’s Degree will be considered an asset;
- 3-5 years experience as an Executive Assistant or equivalent providing support at a high level of management;
- Previous experience working in Government or with an International NGO, including internships, is highly desired;
- High level of interest in global affairs and Canadian politics.
- 40 hours a week;
- Position based in Ottawa;
- Domestic travel, notably to Montreal and/or Toronto may be required;
- One-year contractual position with possibility of extension.
Work area knowledge and skills
Interpersonal skills and aptitudes
- Bilingual (French and English) both verbal and written;
- knowledge of a third language (preferably Spanish or Arabic) will be considered an asset;
- Be highly proficient in the use of the main office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Have strong social media skills, notably Twitter and Facebook;
- Possess excellent research, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to conduct financial and budgetary monitoring;
- Excellent organizational abilities: coordination, priority management and multi-tasking;
- Knowledge of file classification systems and electronic filing will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of CRM systems, such as Raiser’s Edge will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities, exceptional judgment and respect for confidentiality;
- Strategic planning: strong aptitude for anticipating events and presenting innovative solutions;
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure, respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines;
- Commitment to achieving high standards and professionalism in carrying out one’s duties.
- Ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspect of their duties;
- Leadership and ability to question current practices in a positive way and make recommendations to the President & CEO;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision, autonomy and initiative;
- Be meticulous with an eye for details;
- Team spirit and ability to provide quality service;
Your resume and cover letter must be received by 5 PM (Eastern Timezone) on Sunday, June 12, 2016 via email at: email@example.com. In the subject of your email, you need to indicate the job title.
Canada World Youth is committed to equity in employment and diversity.
This posting represents an opportunity to realize our focus on increasing underrepresented groups such as Aboriginal peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
We would like to thank in advance all the candidates for their interest in Canada World Youth.
Please note that only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Cet article est également disponible en FR.