Founded in 1971, Canada World Youth (CWY) is a world leader in developing international educational programs for young people aged 15 to 35. A non-profit organization, CWY is dedicated to enriching the lives of young people that have a desire to become informed and active global citizens. CWY programs are designed to help youth experience the world for themselves, learn about other cultures and diverse Canadian communities while developing leadership and communication skills.
Over 40 years, more than 36,000 youth volunteers participated in Canada World Youth programs. For more information on the various programs offered by Canada World Youth, please click here.
Thereby, CWY wants to fill the position of Executive Assistant.
Under the President’s supervision, the Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support and a range of administrative services performing research, coordination and logistics, including: management of the agenda, organization of various meetings including those with the Board, filing, monitoring of project schedules, and more.
||President and CEO
|Date job revised
||Holder of position
||Position to be filled
- Coordinate complex administrative support services as well as clerical functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, planning, preparing documents for meetings and detailed project plans.
- Review and analyze correspondence and documents received and,when required, synthesize the required documents and propose actions.
- Set priorities and recognize emergencies to be acted on and carry out these priorities.
- Write letters, drafts or other documents in both official languages.
- Ensure timely and adequate follow up with employees, partners, government officials, parliamentarians, etc.
- Participate in budget monitoring and analysis, and ensure verification and validation of documents, contracts, requests for proposal, etc.
- Coordinate the logistics regarding the Board meeting as well as other meetings or events (travel, agenda, materials etc.)
- Attend Board meetings as well as management meetings, prepare minutes and perform necessary follow-up.
- Upon request, attend meetings to which the President is invited and ensure follow-up requiring occasional travel.
- Cooperate directly with other members of the management team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for the President.
- Provide support to the President and be available for special dossiers and other duties when required.
- Carry out their duties with discretion and confidentiality.
- All other duties required by the President & CEO.
Required qualifications and experience
Particular working conditions
- Minimum of 7 years experience as an executive assistant or equivalent, providing support at a high level of management;
- A college or university degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset.
- 40 hours a week;
- Position based in Montreal;
- Contractual position until June 26th, 2015 with possibility of extension.
Work area knowledge and skills
Interpersonal skills and aptitude
- Bilingual (French and English) both verbal and written (will be verified by tests when hiring);
- Be highly proficient in the use of the main office software (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to conduct financial and budgetary monitoring;
- Excellent organizational abilities: coordination, priority management and multi-tasking;
- Knowledge of file classification systems and electronic filing will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities and exceptional judgment;
- Strategic planning: strong aptitude for anticipating events and presenting innovative solutions;
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines;
- Ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspect of their duties;
- Leadership and ability to question current practices in a positive way and make recommendations to the President;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision, autonomy;
- Be meticulous with an eye for details;
- Team spirit and ability to provide quality service;
- Commitment to achieving high standards and professionalism in carrying out one’s duties.
Your resume and cover letter must be received by 5 PM (Eastern Timezone) on Monday, June 9, 2014 via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject of your email, you need to indicate the contest number: 962014.
Canada World Youth is committed to equity in employment and diversity.
This posting represents an opportunity to realize our focus on increasing underrepresented groups such as Aboriginal peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.
We would like to thank in advance all the candidates for their interest in Canada World Youth.
Please note that only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.