Livelihoods Lead – EQWIP HUBs
|Location:||Toronto or Ottawa|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Reports to:||Deputy Director|
|Status/Contract type:||Full time, Youth Challenge International|
|Duration:||April 2017 – December 2019|
|Language requirements:||Fluency in English and French or Spanish Preferred|
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming will support young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS will foster a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, and as part of a team of technical leads including Gender and Learning, Monitoring & Evaluation, you will work collaboratively with the Country teams to identify and explore opportunities for innovation and creativity while providing the coordination of the project’s youth livelihood and environmental sustainability programming and activities, across the six project countries.
In doing so, you will ensure that the activities take into account the needs of young people; that project outcomes are achieved and targets met to project timeframes and workplans. This includes support for maintaining employment and entrepreneurship training quality, integration of technology to enhance learning outcomes, sustainability of capacity development and programming, and the coordination and monitoring of the innovation fund for youth starting businesses.
- Provide coordination support, training and coaching as needed to country staff and volunteers to identify partner capacity needs and to monitor the implementation of partner sustainability plans
- Liaise regularly with TIG on the technical delivery of technology related program elements to ensure integrated programming, achievement of outcomes, and timely delivery against plans.
- Work closely with EDC to ensure integrated programming, achievement of outcomes, quality control and consistency in the employment and entrepreneurship training across all countries.
- Implement the project wide strategy for the delivery and monitoring of the EQWIP HUBS innovation fund for youth.
- Coordinate a framework and monitoring process for country-led design, development and delivery of high quality and innovative, short-term tertiary training programs.
- Support the development of the EQWIP HUB network, mentorship and apprenticeship programs
- Support implementing partners and country teams to analyze the quality and effectiveness of existing environmental and sustainability programming; identify risks and risk mitigating measures and develop programming responses and risk mitigation plans.
- Stay current on trends in livelihood and youth entrepreneurship programming and methodologies and proactively seek new opportunities for effective partnership building and resource mobilization amongst private sector, NGOs, development actors and donors.
- Facilitate the regular sharing of livelihood, innovation and environmental sustainability related knowledge and information among project staff, volunteers and partners.
- Provide guidance on volunteer placement development and volunteer work planning to ensure alignment with livelihoods, innovation and environmental sustainability outcomes.
- Assist in the identification of risks and risk mitigation measures and support the development of risk mitigation plans.
- Support to Deputy Director on any other issues as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of relevant experience in livelihood programming youth entrepreneurship, and environmental sustainability.
- A proven passion for innovation and a commitment youth focused programming.
- Fluency in English and French or Spanish Preferred
- Familiarity with current trends in youth livelihoods development and environmental sustainability.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, coordinating, managing and implementing donor-funded projects.
- Proven commitment to mainstreaming Gender and equality issues within work.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring for results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, SKYPE, and written correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners, volunteers and youth participation.
- Ability to work well and respectfully as part of a diverse team, and in cross-cultural contexts.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes.
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Resident of Canada.
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter (indicating your salary expectations) and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Livelihoods Lead” in the subject line. Please indicate your preferred location (Toronto or Ottawa). Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls about the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.