Program Lead, Youth Livelihoods
|Company Name:||Youth Challenge International|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada|
|Annual Salary:||Competitive Salary & Benefits|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 12 physical and 6 virtual knowledge centres, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that youth, especially women, can come together to develop market-relevant skills, learn from mentors and access technology. EQWIP HUBs is an initiative rooted in global collaboration making it a unique catalyst for sustainable development. Together, our goal is to propel 100,000 #YouthForward by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, and as part of a team of technical leads including Gender and Learning, Monitoring & Evaluation, you will work collaboratively with the Country teams to identify and explore opportunities for innovation and creativity while providing the coordination of the project’s youth livelihood and environmental sustainability programming and activities, across the six project countries.
In doing so, you will ensure that activities take into account the needs of young people; that project outcomes are achieved and targets met to project timeframes and workplans. This includes support for maintaining employment and entrepreneurship training quality, integration of technology to enhance learning outcomes, sustainability of capacity development and programming, and the coordination and monitoring of the innovation fund for youth starting businesses.
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of project activities related to youth livelihoods, specifically ensure technical assistance and support for the design and delivery of a youth innovation fund and related support services, including a mentorship program for youth
- Provide technical assistance and guide country staff and local partners towards the adaptation and effective delivery of youth livelihoods activities in each country
- Support country staff in the development of partnerships with the private sector and local relevant stakeholders, in support of roll out and delivery of the entrepreneurship programming and local networks development
- Monitor and keep track of relevant program activity workplans and youth training implementation plans to ensure timely delivery of activities and services by country staff and partners, and achievement of targets and results
- Work closely with TIG to ensure the effective implementation of their work plan and the delivery of technology related elements in the project, achievement of outcomes, and timely delivery against plans
- Work closely with country teams and local partners to ensure youth voice, participation and feedback in elements of project cycle
- Provide guidance on volunteer placement development and volunteer work planning to ensure alignment with livelihoods, innovation and environmental sustainability outcomes
- Work closely with the project technical leads, remain up to date on best practices and developments in youth livelihoods to ensure program quality and impact – especially, work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead to monitor the progress of youth business development, assuring that program objectives are realized and feedback accurately captured and integrated; and with the Gender Lead to ensure a cross-cutting gender equity focus and the integration of gender-relevant indicators into the livelihoods programming
- Facilitate the regular sharing of livelihood, innovation and environmental sustainability related knowledge and information among project staff, volunteers and partners
- Support to Deputy Director on any other issues as necessary
- University degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of relevant experience in livelihood programming youth entrepreneurship, and environmental sustainability.
- A proven passion for innovation and a commitment youth focused programming.
- Fluency in English and French or Spanish are assets.
- Familiarity with current trends in youth livelihoods development and environmental sustainability.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, coordinating, managing and implementing donor-funded projects.
- Proven commitment to mainstreaming Gender and equality issues within work.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring for results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, SKYPE, and written correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, coach, mobilize others and develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues, partners, volunteers and youth participation.
- Ability to work well and respectfully as part of a diverse team, and in cross-cultural contexts.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and attend to projects and work processes.
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills on the job.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Resident of Canada.
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 23th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Program Lead, Youth Livelihoods” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.