Recruitment Assistant – EQWIP HUBs
|Company Name:||Canada World Youth|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Working Location:||939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada|
|Salary:||$34,587.52 according to the Collective Agreement|
|Benefits Package:||Group insurance, RRSP|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 12 physical and 6 virtual knowledge centres, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that youth, especially women, can come together to develop market-relevant skills, learn from mentors and access technology. EQWIP HUBs is an initiative rooted in global collaboration making it a unique catalyst for sustainable development. Together, our goal is to propel 100,000 #YouthForward by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Recruitment Assistant, reporting to the Recruitment Manager, will be assisting the Recruitment Team in the recruitment of over 250 skilled Canadian volunteers per year, in accordance to local needs and funder’s requirements. S/he will take part in mainly clerical tasks that are included in the implementation of continuous networking and sourcing practices to maintain an active pipeline of qualified Canadian youth volunteers.
- Participate in the recruitment of suitably qualified Canadian volunteers by assisting the recruitment team in related tasks
- Contribute to the marketing and recruitment strategies for priority target audiences using social media, networking events and other relevant methodologies
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organize the preparation for Canadian volunteers using online and off-line tools for pre-departure training
- Prepare and update the volunteers’ documents and tools
- Assist the recruitment team with all tasks related to recruitment and database management
- Performs other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager
- English and French fluency required; Spanish language skills an asset
- University diploma in a related discipline
- 2 to 4 years of experience in recruitment
- Attention to detail and ability to perform clerical tasks in an efficient way
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with staff at all levels.
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and schedules
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Deadline to apply: Sunday, June 25th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Recruitment Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.