Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: as soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract; occasional work evenings and weekends
Annual Salary: $ 50,821.48 according to the collective agreement
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 17 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas in six countries, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Key project interventions include the provision of proven employability and entrepreneurship training, access to finance through an innovation fund, and global and national networking through an innovative on line platform. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Recruitment Coordinator. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Ottawa, the Recruitment Coordinator will coordinate the sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and orientation of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
- Oversee the intake and selection processes of new incoming applicants including screening and evaluate through interviewing, assessments, identifying skills and experience, verifying references;
- Provide to management insight, recommendations, and business acumen regarding recruitment strategies by taking into consideration Canadian differences and the socio-demographic characteristics of youth;
- Participate in the development and coordinate the strategies implementation of recruitment;
- Help develop procedures and communication tools related to volunteer’s recruitment, evaluation and support the development and implementation of policies and orientation materials;
- Support talent acquisition through sales research, identifying opportunities, making initial contacts with a wide range of organizations;
- Participate in recruitment campaigns of volunteers and promotion activities (kiosk, conference, presentation and social media);
- Build positive on-boarding experience, managing and networking within candidate pool and maintaining relationships;
- Network with candidates who are not immediately available to create a strong pipeline of future talent;
- Contribute to volunteer placement cycle, defining assignments and designing and delivering orientation sessions;
- Monitor and report on full cycle recruitment stats and identifying trends;
- Maintain knowledge of the talent acquisition sector by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- University bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 3 years’ experience in strategic recruitment;
- Knowledge of the diversity and trends of Canadian youth;
- Excellent organizational abilities; coordination, setting priorities, and multi-tasking;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities and exceptional judgment;
- Initiative and creativity as well as the ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspects of their duties;
- Highly proficient in the use of the main office software, database and search engine (MS office, Outlook, Power Point, Web);
- Highly proficient with Webinar technology for online orientation sessions;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience developing, sourcing and recruitment strategies;
- Experience working in a competitive environment;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Ability to develop and make presentations to a wide range of audiences;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong ability to competently interact and cultivate business relationships with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective Canadian youth volunteers and institutional partners
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results;
- Results driven and a reputation for accountability, and delivering high quality results within tight deadlines;
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset;
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
Please submit your cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the requirements and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Recruitment Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.