Talent Acquisition Officer – EQWIP HUBs Ottawa
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends required
Annual Salary: $ 43,377.37 according to the collective agreement
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 17 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas in six countries, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Key project interventions include the provision of proven employability and entrepreneurship training, access to finance through an innovation fund, and global and national networking through an innovative on line platform. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual to serve as the EQWIP HUBS Talent Acquisition Officer. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Ottawa, the Talent Acquisition Officer will organize all logistics and administration related to talent acquisition and deployment of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
The Talent Acquisition Officer will have primary responsibility for maintaining all talent acquisition files and systems, both electronic and hardcopy. S/he will also be responsible for providing talent acquisition reports and analysis related to volunteer time and contributed services to the project.
- Review, update and provide quality control for tools, systems and processes to support volunteer management cycle;
- Support logistics and administration related to volunteer screening, recruitment, orientation, deployment and reintegration;
- Participate in the development and implementation of recruitment strategies;
- Place job advertisements for open positions and monitor the recruitment mailbox;
- Prepare applicant dossiers for screening;
- Provide analysis and track placement data including contributed services calculations, recruitment conversion rates, and other recruitment-related statistics;
- Maintain updated complete files, electronic and hardcopy of volunteers, including sensitive and personal information;
- Maintain emergency protocols including ensuring country-level risk tools are available, complete and updated;
- Provide support for talent acquisition coordination meetings across the project; ensure timely, accurate information and data is available and provided to support planning, and management across the project;
- Provide logistical, administrative support services as well as clerical functions for events and webinars including updating documents, scheduling, planning, preparing reports;
- Organise travel, visa and hotel documents for volunteers and project staff and maintain travel advisories and regulations to ensure compliance with visa protocols and travel regulations;
- Provide administrative and technical support related to volunteer orientation including updating documents, ensuring they are accessible to all participants, and ensuring quality and version control;
- Maintain knowledge of the talent acquisition sector by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- College diploma in a relevant field;
- 3 years related work experience in logistics and administration;
- Excellent organizational abilities, setting priorities, and multi-tasking;
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of new issues and activities meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, quality control and accuracy working with large amounts of data;
- Ability to take initiative and proactively find and recommend operational efficiencies;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion;
- Highly proficient in the use of the main office software, database and search engine (MS office, Outlook, Power Point, Web);
- Experience working with customer relations software an asset;
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical thinking, report writing and data presentation;
- Ability to work in a team and collaboratively to achieve results;
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 12th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Talent Acquisition Officer” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.