Talent Acquisition Team Lead – EQWIP HUBs
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract; occasional work evenings and weekends
Annual Salary: $60,000 (Non-Union Management)
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG), the Education Development Centre (EDC) and the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation (ACGC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 17 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas in six countries, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
We are looking for someone who is highly-structured, process focused, customer oriented, responsive and flexible. The position strengthens the project’s capacity to respond efficiently and effectively to volunteer recruitment and placement. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Ottawa, the Talent Acquisition Team Leader will act as the interface between the external and internal operation of the team responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and orientation of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
- Working against weekly recruitment and placement targets, this position coordinates the necessary sales and customer service processes, including finance, administration and logistics related to all recruitment and placement functions, communications and marketing.
- Setting sales, recruitment and placement targets; this position develops and monitors data analytics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly cycle. It provides analysis and recommends strategies and actions to Talent Acquisition Management business development. It completes the analytical cycle by implementing the required strategy changes
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration team, the position assures the accurate financial recording and reconciliation on volunteer fundraising, contributed services, travel and volunteer tracking.
- Working closely with the Communications Team, the Team Leader collaborates on marketing and communications processes.
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Management team and the Program team, the position provides leadership, under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Manager, to volunteer orientation, pre-departure briefing post-program debriefing and community engagement including other related activities.
- Working with Finance & Administration, Communications and Programs (as required) the position provides timely recommendations on business processes re-tooling and implements required changes in a timely and efficient manner with minimum business disruption.
- Identify which clients and partners are likely to have people with the right skill sets and creating new relationships;
- Execute search strategies including networking, convening and hosting events and webinars, direct sourcing, social media, emails, referrals; to scale;
- Respond to enquiries from clients and partners interested in collaborating with EQWIP HUBS;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Bilingual (English/French)
- University bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
- Highly organized to work effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Clear, concise and precise communicator
- Effective leadership and followership skills in a matrix structure
- Effective business analytic and numeracy skills
- Performance management skills, blending sales processes in a people centered culture
Deadline to apply: Thursday, April 20th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “TAM Team Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cet article est également disponible en FR.