Volunteer Management Consultant – EQWIP HUBs
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Status: Consultant contract
Working Location: Flexible
Schedule: 60 days (to be completed by April 30)
Annual Salary: $325/day + related travel costs to project countries
EQWIP HUBS is a dynamic platform of diverse actors and young people working together to develop solutions to both local and global social, economic, and environmental challenges in six countries around the world. EQWIP, an innovative youth serving partnership between Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) has brought together a global consortium including UN-HABITAT, TakingITGlobal (TIG) and the Education Development Centre (EDC) to collaborate on this initiative.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS in urban areas, participatory programming supports young people in accessing a sustainable livelihood. Through the engagement of a multi-stakeholder EQWIP HUB Network, EQWIP HUBS fosters a supportive and responsive enabling environment for youth livelihood activities by providing mentorship, coaching and access to capital. The EQWIP HUB Network will strengthen the capacity of public and private sector stakeholders and civil society related to youth mainstreaming for policies, products, and services.
EQWIP HUBS is a team of energetic, skilled, and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
SCOPE OF WORK
Canadian volunteers are an integral component of the EQWIP HUBs project. They contribute to program delivery by applying their skills and experiences, and financially through their contributed services and fundraising. Their experience impacts the sustainability of the program at country level as well as in Canada in the recruitment of future volunteers. Volunteers are key to driving participant youth engagement through peer to peer support and facilitating global exchange. They bring energy, commitment, and an innovative mindset to the project.
EQWIP HUBS is seeking a consultant to support the capacity building of staff and partners to effectively engage volunteers in project implementation and delivery of project outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the consultant will work closely with the Program Advisor to deliver key activities focused on strengthening tools, protocols, and capacities for volunteer management including the following:
a) Volunteer support and supervision
b) Volunteer orientation and integration
c) Work planning, monitoring and evaluation
d) Risk, health, and safety management including incident management
e) Conflict resolution and managing challenging behaviour
f) Communication and information management
KEY CONTRACT DELIVERABLES
1. Development of a volunteer management guide
2. Development of training materials to facilitate understanding and application of the volunteer management guide
3. Delivery of volunteer management training to staff and partners in the project countries (Indonesia,
Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, Bolivia, and Peru)
• Fluency in English and either French or Spanish.
• Experience with international volunteer programming
• Facilitation and training experience, including developing training materials
• Experience with volunteer management or familiarity with volunteer management principles
• Experience developing manuals, guides and templates for country based staff
• Experience with conducting risk assessments, application of mitigation measures and incident management
• Good understanding of competency based assessment
• Experience with participatory approaches
• Ability to work to tight timelines
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Strong cross-cultural communication skills
• Experience with youth programming is considered an asset
• Organization to work effectively – able to prioritize, set clear objectives, plans of action and manage time to respect deadlines and budgets
• Drive to achieve results – works to ensure targets met, getting the job done in the best way given the time and resources available
• Conceptual thinking – able to make sense of a great deal of information within a wider framework; able to identify and clarify what is important and bring together in a coherent framework
• Communications – able to speak and write in a logical and structured way and takes responsibility to ensure that things are understood; uses clear examples to explain complex concepts and considers and apply best method for the particular audience
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, January 23, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.
Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com
with “Volunteer Management Consultant” in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter a proposed plan for achieving the key deliverables. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.