Ecuador: Fundación Reto Internacional (FRI)
Please click on one of the markers above to learn more about our projects.
Fundación Reto Internacional (FRI) is a non-governmental organization that facilitates non-formal educational programs that allow volunteers to experience another culture. Volunteers experience this intercultural exchange through host family living, visits of nearby communities and volunteering with local organizations. Through their program, volunteers learn about Ecuadorian culture and community development, while developing adaptability and time management skills and autonomy.
FRI’s mission is to foster the positive growth of people who will contribute to the sustainable development of our societies.
In partnership with Canada World Youth
FRI works in partnership with CWY through the Global Learner program. Through this program, school groups and individual interns are offered the opportunity to compliment their education through direct participation in volunteer-based projects.
Sectors of focus for development:
- Community development
- Indigenous issues
- Information Technology
Examples of projects:
- Contribute to the building of local infrastructure such as building a classroom in a rural school and working in collaboration with local community members in construction of community centers and other communities initiatives
- Organize English language activities in an elementary or high school
- Volunteer at local cultural festivities and indigenous levels of government
- Volunteer in a health clinic
- Information Technology support projects at municipal levels of government
- Volunteer at local micro-business initiatives Assist in heritage preservation by working on a Mantena archeological site
- Volunteer at local gardens and farms and participate in agricultural activities
Cet article est également disponible en FR.