2017 CWY Youth Leadership AwardsCelebrating Youth Leadership Innovation. Transformation. Opportunity.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the 2017 CWY Youth Leadership Awards, recognizing innovative change makers from around the world. The winners will be announced in April 2017.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS!
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATION: March 10, 2017
The CWY 2017 Youth Leadership Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of young Canadians and youth from around the world who are CWY Alumni and are engaged in innovative initiatives that create change in the community.
Objectives of the Awards
- Outstanding Indigenous Alumni Award (up to age 35) – cash award of $3,000
- Guy-Bordeleau Outstanding Overseas Youth Alum Award (up to age 35) – cash award $3,000
- Guy-Bordeleau Outstanding Canadian Youth Alum Award (up to age 35) – cash award $3,000
To be eligible for the Awards, candidates must:
For the Outstanding Aboriginal Alum Award:
- Be an Indigenous person who can self-identify as a First Nation, Métis or Inuit; within the meaning of Section 35 (2) of Canada’s Constitution Act, 1982 which defines Indigenous peoples as Indian (First Nation), Inuit and Métis peoples of Canada.
- Fulfill all the Outstanding Youth Alum Awards criteria.
For the Guy Bordeleau Outstanding Youth Alum Awards:*
- Be nominated by a third party, no self-nominations are accepted.
- Be 35 years of age or under as of December 31, 2016.
- Be a CWY alumnus or alumna.**
- Have exhibited leadership.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to creating change in a community.
- Have contributed to an initiative with measurable impact in a community.
- Have taken part in an initiative that contributes to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- ONLY for Guy Bordeleau Outstanding Canadian Youth Alum Award: Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
* Indigenous Youth are not precluded from the Guy Bordeleau Outstanding Canadian Youth Alum Awards.
** Our definition of Alumni includes someone who has taken part in any of the Canada World Youth programs.
Candidate nominations are reviewed by an independent jury panel composed of leaders from the business community and civil society, who have demonstrated a commitment to youth education and leadership.
Nomination Deadline: March 10, 2017
Selection of Laureates: March 2017
The winners will be announced in April 2017.
Cet article est également disponible en FR.