EQWIP HUBs – Accountant – short term – Ghana
|Company Name:||Youth Challenge International|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||Accra, Ghana|
|Schedule:||Full time, March 12th – May 4th, 2018|
|Daily Rate:||GHS 250, inclusive of 7.5% withholding tax|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Accountant, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide accounting support to the national office and will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation.
- Treasury management of the Country Office
- Maintain general ledger entries, prepare trial balances, and reconcile accounts
- Obtain all supporting documentation – bank statements, invoices and receipts etc. – and maintain orderly filing system at the Country Office
- Prepare payroll and regulatory deductions
- Prepare February, March, April and May financial reports for submission.
- Prepare cash advance request and process check payments
- Provide support with the aggregation of the Budget for the AWP year 4
- Track accounts receivable/payable and process advance requests and invoices for staff, partners, and suppliers
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank
- Provide administrative support to the Accra office as and when needed
- Provide orientation and support required
- Perform other duties directed by the Country Manager
- Applicant must be a citizen of Ghana
- A degree in Financial Management, Accounting or related field
- 5 -7 years of demonstrated experience in project and business financial planning/management
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong knowledge of generally-accepted accounting and procurement practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
Deadline to apply: Friday March 2nd, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Accountant Short-term” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.