EQWIP HUBs – Knowledge and Learning Manager – Dakar, Senegal
|Company Name:||Youth Challenge International|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||Dakar, Senegal|
|Status:||Manager Level, contract|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Knowledge and Learning Manager plays a leadership role in ensuring that relevant knowledge on livelihoods programming will be gathered and shared through a dynamic knowledge management system which include monitoring, evaluation and learning components. These will be applied to promote innovation and quality in the design and delivery of program training and related activities.
- Lead the adaptation and implementation of the overall EQWIP M&E Strategy at the country level in close collaboration with the M&E Lead and key project stakeholders (volunteers, partners, youth participants)
- Ensure program quality through implementation of activity-specific review systems, comprehensive M&E systems, and staff development
- Provide management for the implementation of the HUB M&E system, working closely with other staff, consultants, youth and partners
- Contribute to the development of the knowledge management system including development of context-appropriate tools and activities
- Develop results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers and presentations for various audiences as needed
- Assure that knowledge about the project’s achievements (expected and unexpected) are documented and shared with the appropriate stakeholders by researching and collecting content and stories
- Ensure that training curriculum design, adaptation and delivery integrates learning and best practice and is youth centered, creative and experiential
- Identify, document and share good practice, lessons learned and trends in the youth livelihoods sector to ensure program relevance and effectiveness
- Provide leadership and management for the development, coordination and delivery of training activities for young women and men
- Lead the review, adaptation and development of core training curriculum in entrepreneurship and employment, in close coordination with the training coordinators
- Train HUB’s partners and staff on the efficient use of the monitoring system, provide ongoing coaching/support through regular project site monitoring visits
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, consortium partners and sector stakeholders
- Provide technical support to the Hub’s Training Coordinator around the delivery of the training activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- University Diploma
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, training, and knowledge management
- Passion, understanding and ability to utilize measurement to improve programming
- Understanding of and experience with participatory training techniques
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, implementing and monitoring training plans
- Ability to gather and organize information and resources, compile data, and to synthesize knowledge from diverse sources of information
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting and reporting
- Proven ability to manage and provide ongoing training and support on M&E to diverse staff and personnel
- Knowledge, previous experience or interest in applying IT and social media to learning and M&E
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to travel within the host country
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant must be citizen of Senegal
Deadline to apply: Friday January 26th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Knowledge & Learning Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.