Talent Acquisition Team Lead
|Company Name:||Canada World Youth|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada|
|Annual Salary:||$60,000 (Non-Union Management)|
|Benefits Package:||Group insurance, RRSP|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 12 physical and 6 virtual knowledge centres, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that youth, especially women, can come together to develop market-relevant skills, learn from mentors and access technology. EQWIP HUBs is an initiative rooted in global collaboration making it a unique catalyst for sustainable development. Together, our goal is to propel 100,000 #YouthForward by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
We are looking for someone who is highly-structured, process focused, customer oriented, responsive and flexible. The position strengthens the project’s capacity to respond efficiently and effectively to volunteer recruitment and placement. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, based in Ottawa, the Talent Acquisition Team Leader will act as the interface between the external and internal operation of the team responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessing, selecting and orientation of young Canadian professional volunteers in order to meet the diverse professional requirements of the EQWIP HUBS project.
- Working against weekly recruitment and placement targets, this position coordinates the necessary sales and customer service processes, including finance, administration and logistics related to all recruitment and placement functions, communications and marketing.
- Setting sales, recruitment and placement targets; this position develops and monitors data analytics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly cycle. It provides analysis and recommends strategies and actions to Talent Acquisition Management business development. It completes the analytical cycle by implementing the required strategy changes
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration team, the position assures the accurate financial recording and reconciliation on volunteer fundraising, contributed services, travel and volunteer tracking.
- Working closely with the Communications Team, the Team Leader collaborates on marketing and communications processes.
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Management team and the Program team, the position provides leadership, under the direction of the Talent Acquisition Manager, to volunteer orientation, pre-departure briefing post-program debriefing and community engagement including other related activities.
- Working with Finance & Administration, Communications and Programs (as required) the position provides timely recommendations on business processes re-tooling and implements required changes in a timely and efficient manner with minimum business disruption.
- Identify which clients and partners are likely to have people with the right skill sets and creating new relationships;
- Execute search strategies including networking, convening and hosting events and webinars, direct sourcing, social media, emails, referrals; to scale;
- Respond to enquiries from clients and partners interested in collaborating with EQWIP HUBS;
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Bilingual (English/French)
- University bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
- Highly organized to work effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Clear, concise and precise communicator
- Effective leadership and followership skills in a matrix structure
- Effective business analytic and numeracy skills
- Performance management skills, blending sales processes in a people centered culture
Deadline to apply: Thursday, August 10th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “TAM Team Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.