EQWIP HUBs – Accountant – Ghana
|Company Name:||Youth Challenge International|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||Accra, Ghana|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and Benefits|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Accountant, reporting to the Country Manager and working closely with the Operations Manager and Leadership Team, will provide accounting support to the national office and will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and capacity development of staff.
- Treasury management of the Country Office, ensuring availability of cash based on approved workplans, timely submission of cash forecast to Head Office, reporting on variances against budgets
- Submit to Head Office for approval monthly reconciliation between national reports to tax authorities and monthly project financial reports, provide explanation for any difference observed
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly budget and financial forecasts
- Maintain general ledger entries, prepare trial balances, and reconcile accounts
- Prepare project financial reports, tracking performance against budget, and reporting on variances according to monthly close schedule
- Prepare regulatory reporting and ensure compliance with registration requirements; calculate taxes owing and prepares tax returns as required
- Prepare payroll and regulatory deductions
- Track accounts receivable/payable and processe advance requests and invoices for staff, partners, and suppliers
- Banking, processing bank deposits, including trips to the bank
- Obtain all supporting documentation – bank statements, invoices and receipts etc. – and maintain orderly filing system at the Country Office
- Document areas of risk, formulate controls, and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Coordinate with Headquarters to ensure appropriate financial and administrative management and compliance with donor rules/regulations
- Lead annual budgeting exercise and collaborate with the Country Manager and other technical team leaders to ensure program activities are in accordance with the project budget and work plan
- Develop and provide training to staff on project financial processes and policies as well build capacity for budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- Applicant must be a citizen of Ghana
- A degree in Financial Management, Accounting or related field
- Chartered Accountant designation required
- 5 -7 years of demonstrated experience in project and business financial planning/management
- Advanced ability in developing project financial models, budgeting and forecasting tools
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong knowledge of generally-accepted accounting and procurement practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required
- Advanced-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent accounting software user and must have experience of QuickBooks
- Idea candidate will have experience working in an international context and/or multi-country projects and understand grants and contribution management
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
Deadline to apply: Wednesday March 7th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Accountant” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.