EQWIP HUBs – Financial Analyst
|Company Name:||Canada World Youth|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada|
|Schedule:||Full-time contract for one year|
|Annual Salary:||$50,821.00, according to the Collective Agreement|
|Benefits Package:||Group insurance, RRSP|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 youth centered EQWIP HUBS Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to develop market-relevant skills, learn from mentors and access technology. EQWIP HUBs is an initiative rooted in global collaboration making it a unique catalyst for sustainable development. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can make a real difference in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Finance Analyst will report to the Finance & Administration Director, Canada World Youth.
- Ensure a follow-up for timely, as per month-end calendar, of financial reports submissions by all overseas country offices
- Coordinate month-end process with overseas country offices and ensure full compliance with all requirements of the closure process, make recommendations to supervisor for improvement of the process
- Analyze monthly financial reports submitted by EQWIP Hubs country offices in terms of quality completeness and timing
- Provide support and coaching to field offices Operations Managers to resolve day-to-day and month-end reconciliation issues, provide solutions based on strong technical impact analysis and risk mitigation
- Perform exchange rates calculation verification for all countries, ensure that appropriate rates are used in reports, analyze foreign exchange exposure for the project based monthly cash positions for funds held in foreign accounts (local currency and USD), propose actions to mitigate foreign exchange risk exposure
- Ensure recording of monthly field office expenses into the EQWIP Hubs general ledger after approval of supervisor
- Ensure proper classification and filing of monthly field reports for review by auditors
- Prepare periodical financial analysis and reports to management and donors
- Issue monthly update and country offices performance in month-end process
- Issue variance reports at the various levels of the project, for program and management usage and ensure distribution to internal clients after receiving approval from supervisor
- Analyze and verify backup documentation uploaded by countries on the project document management system, ensure compliance with Project procedures, validity, completeness, accuracy and proper classification of expenses related to backup documentation provided
- Issue a monthly compliance reports based on established project standards (procurement manual, HR manual, Finance manual, donor agreement) following the review of project backup documents
- Implement a comprehensive internal control check-list for use by field offices
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for bank accounts in Canada and overseas, submit for approval
- Ensure that field advance accounts are reconciled each month and support in the identification of outstanding reconciliation items, propose actions to resolve and clear identified reconciliation items
- Support the project with documents extraction, schedules preparation and accounts reconciliation during the annual audit of the financial statements
- Contributes to the project budget process, develop budget templates, consolidate information presented by teams in Canada and Overseas, present summarized information and perform required budgetary analysis
- Provide other financial analysis and contributes to special projects assigned by the supervisor
- Perform other duties assigned by the Project Director of Finance
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce/Accounting
- 5 years’ experience in work-related experience
- Knowledge in accounting (accounts payable, bank reconciliation, analysis of General Ledger accounts, accounting records, etc.)
- Experience in processing foreign currency consolidation
- Be highly proficient in the use of Excel and QuickBooks
- Excellent organizational abilities; coordination, setting priorities, and multi-tasking
- Accuracy in working with substantial amounts of data
- Be reliable and demonstrate tact and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve results
- Flexibility, adaptability, ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to unexpected requests and manage a range of current issues and activities meeting tight deadlines
- Initiative as well as the ability to be proactive and efficient in all aspects of their duties
- Strong attention to detail and delivering high quality results within tight deadlines
- English fluency required, French fluency preferred and Spanish language skills an asset
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Prior experience with Global Affair Canada, or other bilateral funded programs overseas
- Field audit experience
Deadline to apply: Monday May 21, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Finance Analyst” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.