EQWIP HUBs – Training Coordinator – Ghana
|Company Name:||Youth Challenge International|
|Project Title:||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods|
|Start:||As soon as possible|
|Working Location:||Kumasi, Ghana|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary and Benefits|
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Training Coordinator, reporting to the HUB Coordinator, will support training activities at the HUB. S/he will facilitate and coordinate activities for young people to build livelihood capacity. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate youth participant outreach, application process and selection
- Support coordination of training schedule in and outside of HUB
- Oversee printing/production of training materials and resources
- Lead training activities
- Transfer content knowledge and training approach to partner staff
- Ensure quality management of training
- Manage and distribute stipends for participants
- Facilitate data collection for M&E framework
- Liaise and coordinate with consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of training activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the HUB Coordinator
- Applicant must be citizen of Ghana
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 5 to 7 years of facilitation, training and coordination experience
- Understanding of and experience with participatory training techniques
- Ability to collaborate with partners and colleagues
- Excellent skills in planning and coordination
- Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
Deadline to apply: Wednesday March 7th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Training Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.