December 5, 2017
CWY proud to announce the Canada World Youth Fundacja Euroweek Global Learner Program
Canada World Youth is pleased to offer new short-term (3 months) and long-term (from 4 months up to 11 months) volunteer opportunities in Poland beginning in June 2018! Recruitment to start shortly!
The Canada World Youth Fundacja Euroweek Global Learner Program offered by CWY brings Canadian and international volunteers together to assist Polish students in broadening their perspective about cultural differences and harness their skills for international collaboration. To facilitate this learning, volunteers provide the Polish students with information about their country, history, economy, tourism, culture, people and traditions in interactive and engaging ways.
Euroweek has now been in existence for 20 years and is a 7 day non-formal education and cultural program offered to Polish students in 3 different locations in BystryzcaKlodza, Poland. Euroweek programming is facilitated by Youth Leaders (Volunteers) from around the world, including Africa, Asia, North and South America, and Europe. Euroweek focuses on 4 keys knowledge and skill areas that the students need in a fast changing global environment; cross-cultural, social and communication, intellectual and creativity skills.
Canada World Youth volunteers:
Euroweek is also a learning space for volunteers, who create and facilitate workshops and activities that benefit not only the students but contribute to their own growth as individuals, team players and leaders.
- 19 to 30 years old;
- Studying in or graduated from college or university;
- Available for the full duration of their short (3 months) or long-term (from 4 months up to 11 months) contracts;
- Good command of English
- Has some experience working in or with small and large groups of primary and secondary school students;
- Adaptable amid changing norms, lifestyle, work and living environment;
- Can adjust to working and living with different personality types;
- Creative and flexible, problem solver, open-minded, outspoken communicator, smart and confident strategist;
- Takes initiative, thinks and works quickly, has an eye for detail and welcomes collaboration;
- Can participate in ALL activities included in Euroweek as per the intended schedule.
Recruitment will begin in February 2018. Stay tuned! Follow us on social media and please share this opportunity with young dynamic youth you think may interest them.
News Item Boilerplate
About Canada World Youth
Canada World Youth is dedicated to enriching the lives of youth aged up to 35 who want to become informed and active global citizens. CWY offers international transformative learning experiences focused on building knowledge, leadership and skills through participation in sustainable community-driven projects. For more than 40 years, 38,000 youth and 12,000 host families have participated in CWY programs, in Canada and abroad.
CWY is registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization (#118973999RR0001).
Source : Mary McGee, Communications Officer, Canada World Youth, 514 931-3526 # 336, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews and information (photos available):
1 800 605-3526 #336
514 931-3526 # 336